Courtship

Lunes, Hulyo 11, 2011

         There was courtship before, but now no more. Courtship before was very traditional. Men made a lot of effort to win a woman’s and her parents’ hearts. Nowadays, traditional courtship no longer exists for younger people, except for those aged 30 and above, who were exposed to traditional courtship practices courtesy of their parents. For teenagers, young professionals, and those who have no choice but to marry because of old age, going into a deeper relationship is a piece of cake. I guess this is because of the cultural change due to globalization. Love and courtship before was done through pamamanhikan and harana, but now love and courtship is done through text and chat.I know people who no longer believe in courtship which, I think, is wrong. I still believe in the old-fashioned ways, like when my dad courted my mom.

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento